The Johnson Ranch and Rasmussen Mastiffs

Welcome to our Ranch! Nothing much to do around here but feed animals and scoop stuff if you know what I mean!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rockford/Freeport Dog Show

Hey, can I get IN there???
After my week of work in Sheboygan Wisconsin, Mike and Oscar met me in Freeport, Illinois for probably our last dog show of the year.  This hotel was not quite the Hilton in Omaha, but much better than the hotel we stayed at in Des Moines.  Oscar was fascinated with the hot tub but he never did get to use it.  Mike was the only one who took advantage of the hot tub while we were there... 

This was our first outdoor show.  I wondered how Oscar would do but it never phased him.  The weather was crisp and absolutely beautiful.  Not a cloud in the sky.  We showed twice on Saturday.  We got 2nd in sweepstakes and 2nd in our class.  A nice apricot from St. Louis beat us.  Darn it!
Oscar is in love with the beef jerky in my hand!  ha ha  :-)

You have such a nice rear end!  :-)

One thing Oscar and I really need to work on is our running.  Oscar is a leaner and tends to lean on me when we run.  I've been close to wiping out a few times...  Note to self...  practice more!!  :-)  So we ended our first day taking all reds.  But Oscar did win a nice little treat jar full of treats and a dish bowl plus $14.00 in the sweepstakes...  Score! 
Then we went back to our luxurious hotel where Oscar again was mesmerized by the hot tub and the mirrors...  Part of the evening he spent staring at himself... He is beautiful but I explained to him that is a bit vain....
Oh you beautiful thing you... are you talking to me, yes, I'm talking to you....
It was another crisp day on Sunday.  You have to love the smell of fall in the air....  We were determined to go out there and bring that apricot down!!!
Is that an Iowa fan standing behind me???  Go Clones! (yes I know Texas killed them)
Oscar thinks I have beef jerky in my hand...  Tricked him!  :-)
But in the end, that darn apricot kicked our hiney a third time!!!  2nd again!  Oh well, it was a beautiful weekend, a ton of fun, and Oscar really did fantastic for me not seeing him for a whole week.  I was so proud of him I went and picked him up a toy...  A dog show is like a circus for kids...  there is a ton of junk you can buy your kid...  :-)
We headed for home.  It was a long drive...  But we made it home around 6:00 p.m.  Oscar was very happy to be done with his weekend traveling...  He crashed in his favorite position on the kitchen floor.
It was a fun weekend but now I'm pooped and happy to be home too.  As I sit here typing this, I can hear Oscar out squeaking his new toy.  Squeak, Squeak, Squeak!  Have a great week and I'll catch you next weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment