I was going to be happy to end Oscar's show season with the Rockford/Freeport show but when we found out that there was a three day show in Sioux Falls coming up at the end of October, I couldn't resist. So Oscar and I will have one more go around before we call it quits for the winter... I figured we needed to work on some of this running nonsense we have so much trouble with. It's not easy keeping a 150 lb puppy under control with the tiny little show lead you have to use. Oscar is always pushing into me or trying to run ahead... One day he's gonna wipe me out and then I'll be embarrassed! So we did some practicing today. By the time I'm done, I'm usually really sucking air! It's harder than it looks! Plus I'm out of shape...
 |
| Man I'm out of shape!! Note to self...get to the gym! |
Beef Jerky has become Oscar's bait of choice so he likes to practice... It means he gets some delicious jerky for standing still.... What a deal! When I look at these pictures I just can't get over how he's grown. And it is a bit intimidating that he weighs so much more than I do already... And he's still only 9 months old! Thank goodness he's so well behaved.. If he decided to do something and wouldn't listen to me, there wouldn't be a whole lot I could do about it...
 |
| Look! Mom has beef jerky in her hand! Whoop!! |
 |
| Stand.... Stand.... Don't move... Geez mom! This is a killer! |
 |
| Just a few more minutes.... Stand... (geez I want that beef jerky mom!) |
|
|
 |
| He's just absolutely beautiful! |
We are still trying to get the right Halloween costume for Oscar... The witch hat just didn't do it for him. Not boyish enough... So I found this little gem..
 |
| Please try the hat on Oscar? |
 |
| I look dumb..... |
So, that's pretty much it for today... Practicing with Oscar, watching the Packers kill the rams.. And cooking some chili... Don't be nervous! I had extra help so I didn't burn the chili so that was a bonus. :-) See ya next weekend! Until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment