The Johnson Ranch and Rasmussen Mastiffs

Welcome to our Ranch! Nothing much to do around here but feed animals and scoop stuff if you know what I mean!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Who does your nails... They are just splendid!

Yes, today Oscar went to the Johnson Nail Salon.  I've been stressing his nails.  And of course I waited until he was 100 lbs until I decided I needed to trim his nails.  Probably not the smartest decision.
How about a pedicure lady?
So Mike and I wrestled with Oscar...  It wasn't too tough though.  I was grinding and grinding and grinding...  and the result...  Check out the perfect nails.   Best nails in Hartley.  Better than mine!  Next time I think we'll try out a french manicure.
Again, it was a beautiful day.  Mike and I cleaned out the barn.  Mike did a lot of the scooping while I looked out for the spiders...  He did take one cob web for me.  Way to take one for the team!  I probably would have had an anxiety attack if I had a cob web wrap around my neck.  Yuck!  So we did the scooping and cleaning and the barn looks pretty good now.  (Someday we will need to talk about my fear of spiders :-)
We also decided we were going to vaccinate all the cats today...  I don't know if you've ever vaccinated a cat before but imagine a whirling blur of fur and razor blades trying to get a hold of your arm....  That's what it's like trying to vaccinate a couple of our cats.  So most of our kitties got shots...  A few we had to balance the choice...  vaccinated cat vs bleeding, stitches, and an antibiotic....  hmmm..  Thats a tough one...  This cat didn't get his shot.  We aren't stupid!
Come closer, let me sharpen my claws!

Anyway, on with our day...  We spent almost all day outside.  We are babysitting this week.  Little Lola is here while her family is traveling for their summer vacation.  She really has grown.  She's all legs right now and already on her way to 40 lbs.  What a sweetie!
Lola and Oscar have been having a ball!  Lots of running and playing!
The pasture was pretty low key today.  It wasn't very humid, the sky was blue, and the breeze was heavenly.
chillin'
Even little Ginger made it up to the fence to say hi today. 
Then it was lunch time so we made it back to the house...  After lunch, it was nap time in the garage!  Catchin' some zzzz's
Apple and Dora even had a few minutes to take a little cat nap in the sun...
When the cat naps were done, we decided to do a little practicing.  Only two weeks til the Omaha Dog show...  Now that our toe nails are perfect, we are really getting serious!  Ha ha...  Not really....  :-)
 Mike got the hose out and he and Oscar played for a good 20 minutes.  Oscar likes to chase the water and see if he can catch it.  He ends up looking like a drowned dog.  But he can go and go and go when they play this game.
I almost got it!  I almost got it!

 The day was winding down to early evening...  Tonight is a special night for Oscar.  He's going to spend the night in his new kennel.  We have to start getting used to sleeping in the kennel so our hotel stay won't be so traumatic (for us).  I tried to drag the kennel in the house but the darn thing is so big, I didn't make it too far.  So Mike brought it into the house for me and set it up.  Oscar tried out his new bed.
Slumber party!
Apple thought it looked pretty sweet, so she decided to check it out as well.
Nice!  Spacious!
So now, the 2nd day of our 3 day weekend draws to a close.  I was up for a Netflix Zombie Movie Marathon tonight but thought I would be nice and let Mike watch a comedy.  Comedies usually aren't my thing...  I'm usually hunting for a good horror movie...  Maybe that has something to do with my terror of spiders....  not sure.  Anyway, have a great 4th tomorrow!  Don't blow anything up!

No comments:

Post a Comment