The Johnson Ranch and Rasmussen Mastiffs

Welcome to our Ranch! Nothing much to do around here but feed animals and scoop stuff if you know what I mean!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Important visitors to the Johnson Ranch

Today the Johnson Ranch was fortunate enough to have two very important visitors.  Our visitors traveled a long ways from Wisconsin to make it to the ranch and here they are...  My boss "Wild Tim" and my team member "Angie Oakley"...  Ha ha!!
Now Tim is not normally so "cowboy-ish" but it was apparent he was ready to ride a bronc!  :-)  We really enjoyed Tim's western outfit right down to his sheriff's badge...
We went out back and Angie gave out a few treats.  I contemplated what devilish bronc I wanted to saddle up for Tim.  I wanted to give him the full western flavor.  (If Iowa has western flavor :-)....
Would it be Charlie, would it be Rev??  Ultimately, I decided to put Tim on the cowboy killer....  Lucy...
check out the belt buckle!
So we got Lucy all saddled up...  We posed for a picture prior to having to take Tim to the emergency room as his imminent demise was only moments away now.  We don't call Lucy the "cowboy killer" for nothing you know.
Now Tim hadn't done any bronc riding for about 20 years or so...  He decided to ease himself into it so he got warmed up a bit while Lucy got warmed up as well.
And finally Tim was ready.  Lucy gave Tim her hardest broncing trying to pile him into the dirt...  But Tim rode her out for 8 seconds and won the Johnson Ranch Bronc riding contest July 31st, 2011...
yee-haw!  Is that all ya got??
After all the bronc riding...  it was super hot so Tim helped unsaddle his wild steed...  It was so hot, I'm sure Lucy was happy to get the saddle and blanket off....
and then, as any responsible cowboy would do, Tim gave Lucy some treats, thanked her for the bronc riding, and put Lucy away in the pasture with the other horses.

It was a great visit from the "easterners"  :-)  It's always fun to have visitors to the Johnson Ranch....  especially hard core cowboys like "Wild Tim." and "Angie Oakley"  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment